I tend to get lots of questions about embroidery journals, but I common one I get is if I can make someone a custom embroidery journal. I don’t blame people for the question, but it’s a big time commitment, it’s 365 icons, each one representing a day of your year. That’s why I put together The Create Your Own Embroidery Journal Guide. But what about those that don’t know how to embroider or just don’t have the time to commit to embroidering an icon a day for a year. Queue a lightbulb moment for myself.
I now have a new listing in my Etsy shop – I will design and embroider a custom mini embroidery journal, just for you (or for your partner, friend, kid, etc) based off of your favourite memories, interests, or anything else that you can come up with.
The listing has a range of options from 3 to 12 custom icons. However, if you’d like a different amount, we can figure something out.
When I say anything, I mean it:
- Anniversaries, Weddings, etc.
- Commemorating a trip
- One for each year of your child’s life
- If you opt for the 12 icons option, you could select an icon to represent every month of your year, it’s like a mini embroidery journal!
- Your interests – I did one for myself based off of my favourite video games
- and anything else that you can think of, I’m open to stitching most things
How the process works:
- You’ll purchase the listing and write out your desired icons in the personalization box. This can be as vague or specific as you like. For example, if you’re getting a piece made based off of a trip that you went on, you could supply me with a list of things that you did each day. I’ll then design icons based off of those days. Or if you’d like a more hands on approach, you could send me a photo or a suggestion of what you’d like each icon to be. You can even request to pull icons straight off of my existing embroidery journals if you see an icon that you like.
- After we’ve discussed your icons, I’ll get back to you with a rough sketch of your desired icons.
- Once approved, I’ll stitch your design and ship out your piece within a couple of weeks of the previous step.
- I also have an additional option on each listing to add on a title or header, such as “Our First Year”, “First Christmas”, wedding dates, or anything else that you’d like.
- I currently have options for sets of 3, 5, 7, 10, and 12 icons, but I am open to doing a different number of icons than is listed.
If you can’t tell, I’m super excited to get started on some new custom projects, so send your inquiries my way. If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to reach out.
Rather get in touch before buying the listing? Go ahead and fill out this form. I’ll be in touch shortly.